Monday, August 19, 2013

Poor Day for Photography

I had planned to travel to Richmond for the day to take pictures of all of the interesting things I had spotted during my bike rides but the rainy weather and stalled traffic made me rethink my plans. I instead headed north along the George Washington Parkway looking for opportunities.
The clouds crowded out any useful light so all of my photo attempts turned out dull and gray. 

I stopped at Belle Haven Marina in search of boats. Most of the vessels docked here could best be described as "crappy". The sailboats showed years of neglect and the powerboats appeared to be leftover movies props from The Perfect Storm.
 In the background you can see National Harbor which will be the focus of a future photo trip.
 Located adjacent to the marina is a nature trail. The trail had 'marsh' in it's name which I quickly learned means 'Land of the Blood Sucking Mosquito'.  This red flower weed looking plant was a lonely splash of color in a sea of green marsh grass.







 On the way home I stopped at the site of George Washington's Distillery and Grist Mill. By the time I got there the buildings were closed up tight for the day so I wandered the grounds. 






 Ruh-Roh! This can't be good!
As I walked to the car to leave I ran into Johnny Law. After a friendly chat the officer continued his door checks of the buildings and I went home disappointed with the photos I took on this rainy, cloudy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment